The Lubicon Lake Nation is currently facing an aggressive campaign to undermine the authority of our traditional government. The Government of Canada is refusing to recognize and acknowledge the Government of the Lubicon Lake Nation, opting instead to develop a process external to our territory and exclusive of our traditional government. This process silences our people and amplifies the voices and agendas which reflect and resonate with Canada’s goals for the Nation, disregarding the people, process and understandings of the core of the Lubicon Lake Nation.
You can support the Lubicon in the recognition of our territoriality, authority and self-determination in a number of ways.
- Make your voice heard. Contact the Government of Canada directly and let them know that you support the Lubicon people and the mandate they have provided their rightful government. You can do so by directing a letter to Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development. For ease of use, a letter is provided here (link) to let the Government of Canada know that you do not support their current actions in developing a strategy outside of the Nation and which does not confer with or acknowledge the Lubicon Lake Nation Government. We encourage you to contact National and Regional Aboriginal and Northern Development officials directly in order to make your position known. You can do so by directing your call, email or correspondence to:
Minister, Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
10 Wellington Street
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0H4
Telephone : 819-997-0002
Fax : 819-953-4941
Mr. George Arcand Jr. - Regional Director General
Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
630 Canada Place, 9700 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4G2
- Join our mailing list. If you do so, you will receive email updates on current events and concerns facing the Lubicon Lake Nation. You can do so with one simple click (link) of your mouse.
- Sign our Online Petition. (link) In doing so, you join a legion of other people who are letting the Government of Canada know you support the Lubicon Lake Nation, their customs and traditional governance.
- Participate in Our International Sovereignty Project. “THIS is What Sovereignty Looks Like” allows participants to design, draw, photograph, record, and represent through design, technology and artistry their vision of sovereignty. See our vision and additional information here (link). You are also welcome to print our poster and post it as many places as you like!
- Contact us at the coordinates below.
Thank you for your time and support. We are always grateful to the activists, organizations and citizens around the world who take the time to make their support known and voices heard in unity with the Lubicon Lake Nation.
Lubicon Lake Nation
(780) 629-3945 Office
(780) 618-3794 Cell
(780) 629-3939 Fax